How to get an FLSA medical assistance card from Florida

The following is an excerpt from the February 12, 2018 edition of The Washington Post. 

In Florida, applicants for a Medicaid or other federal medical assistance program must apply to a state-run agency for an application to obtain a card.

But if you apply by mail, you don’t have to do that.

There’s no fee to apply for the card.

The application will be processed by the Florida Department of Health, which will check your eligibility for Medicaid and determine if you qualify for Medicare and other benefits.

If you qualify, the application will include a letter that will say that you qualify. 

What you need to know to apply in Florida: You must file your application with the Department of Public Health, and pay $35 to get a card and $30 for the application fee.

The $35 application fee includes $50 in processing fees. 

The card has a unique identifier and is stamped with the words “FLSA Medical Assistance.” 

You can apply for an identification card, but the application process is much more complicated.

Here’s what you need: 1.

A photo ID. 

You’ll need to have a valid photo ID to get the card, which you can obtain at any hospital or doctor’s office. 


Your Social Security number, if you have one. 

If you have a Social Security card, the Social Security Administration will not accept your application.

If your card doesn’t have a number on it, you’ll need your own. 


Your Florida driver’s license number, which can be obtained from any county department of motor vehicles. 


A state-issued photo ID card that has your signature on it. 5.

Your social security number. 

Your social security card can be lost or stolen, and you’ll have to apply to the Department for one if you want to get it replaced. 


Your state ID card number.

This will be a unique number that’s different from your driver’s licenses. 


Your passport number.

Florida has a driver’s ed program that requires all drivers to have at least a two-year driver’s education.

This is a requirement if you intend to apply through a driver license office.

But you can get a passport card from any state department of homeland security, a state agency that will not process your application through the department. 


A social security identification number (SSN) for each state you plan to live in. 

These numbers are unique and will not be shared with any other state. 


A copy of your birth certificate, if it’s available. 

A copy of a birth certificate from your state will also be needed. 


A completed application form, including your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, and the state you’re applying for. 

For example, if your birthdate is January 1, 1970, you will need to fill out this form and submit it with your application and an application fee of $35. 


A sample copy of any medical records that you’d like to include. 

This will include your prescription and lab results, and other information. 


Your proof of eligibility for a benefit or health insurance. 

Here’s what’s required to get one:  1) Your income. 

$1,000 is the minimum to qualify for Medicaid or any federal medical benefit program. 

That means you’ll still need to show your income for each of the three eligibility periods. 

Two months before you turn 18, you should check with your Social Security office.

For more information, see the Department’s website. 

Then you’ll submit your tax return, including a form that lists your federal income tax. 

But the application can’t be filed electronically, and most states require you to file the tax return online. 

So your application can take up to four weeks. 

It may take two weeks to review and sign. 

Once you’ve submitted your application, you may have to pay an additional $35 if you need an extension. 

And if you receive an extension, you won’t have the right to file a joint application for the benefit that was originally due at the end of the benefit year. 

As you can see, it can be confusing.

If I don’t get a medical assistance waiver, can I apply for a new card? 

Yes, you can apply to apply as a single applicant. 

 For more information on what you have to show, check out our FAQ on the application. 

Will I need to go to the office to get my card?


The card can only be used to pay for a state benefit.

The state is responsible for the payment of the costs associated with the card and the cost of the medical aid that you receive. 

How do I get my application approved? 

Once the application has been processed and the application fees